Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Gus-Gus


This morning I went on my second post-baby 3 miler. It was awesome. I felt like I did really well, even if I am still a little slow. However, I wore the tank top that I wore when I ran the Ogden marathon, and I felt a little like Gus the mouse from Cinderella ( I love that movie, by the way). You know how when Cinderella first puts his little shirt on and it rolls up because his hips and bum are too big? Yup, that was me, the whole run... pulling down my shirt because it kept creeping up, because my love handles are too big. So sad! But, it helped me get a little more motivated. I am blessed to gain my baby weight very proportionally, so every one keeps telling I look so great and blah blah blah, because my tummy isn't really big, but my whole body is all just a little bit thicker. So it's times like this morning, and this evening at yoga, being forced to look at my chub in the mirror for an hour, that I gain the perspective that I need to help get my rear in gear. I am actually way pumped to be active again and get back in shape. I just need to stop thinking about where I need to be, because it seems so far away. I would rather just enjoy the process of working out and reaching my many small goals, one by one. So here's to getting back in shape, one day, and one workout at a time!!

1 comment:

whitney said...

nice work morg! i wish i was there to run with you. and it's true that you do look great... i know it's not where you want to be yet, but just keep plugging away. you can totally do it!