So I just finished the last, amazingly delicious, chocolate chip cookie from the batch I made this week. Don't worry that I ate pretty much all of them by myself! Why do they have to be so freakin' delicious?! I am such a bad sweets-aholic... seriously, BAD! Something has got to be did! I actually am quite surprised that I am not already a cow, considering the number of whole pans of brownies, and entire batches of cookies that I have eaten on my own. I'm sure that if I don't get this vice under control, it will all catch up to me in my later years.
So, I have made myself some goals. Not just for the sweets thing, but because I just had a baby, and am ready to start shedding some of that weight. I have some long term goals, but I am just going to start with the short term ones so that I don't get too overwhelmed. I actually, am not that bad of an eater with normal foods. I don't eat a ton, and I eat relatively healthy (ie. whole wheat bread, oatmeal, salmon, chicken, fruits and veggies, not a lot of processed or fast food... some, but not a lot, etc). So right now, it is the sweets that I am going to tackle, as I really think that is the main problemo with my eating. Doing that, along with adding exercise into the mix, should produce some desirable results.
The following are my goals for the end of May...
1. can only eat treats ONCE a week. (I know that I don't have the will power/desire right now to cut them out completely, so I am allotting myself once a week so that I won't have to fail)
2. prepare meals more regularly (for breakfast, lunch and dinner). When I do this, I am more likely to eat balanced meals, instead of snacking and grazing, which results in eating more than I realize
3. yoga at least once a week
4. running at least 3 times a week
5. start doing some biking and swimming here and there, to start gearing up for my triathlon training
6. go on a leisurely walk with the boys at least twice a week (if the weather is nice)
7. be able to run 5 miles comfortably and at a good pace by the end of May
8. start adding tempo runs to my workouts by the end of May
** I don't have any specific weight loss goals right now, as I am nursing, and tend not to lose all my weight until I stop. So, for the end of May, I would like to be able to fit into my American Eagle pink and white pinstriped shorts!! That's all I ask.
Ok, so there are my goals. For the last 2 weeks I have been going to yoga and running consistently, so I just need to keep it up! I'll try to keep you posted with some of my progress. Wish me luck!