Monday, December 29, 2008

It is time

Evening everyone... it's been awhile. I am starting my new years resolution early, as we are not around family, and really have no Christmas goodies to eat up, and will probably have a very low key new years, so I am not going to be too tempted with treats. I am in great need of losing 17 pounds. My ultimate goal is to lose 27 pounds, which is my dream, yet attainable weight. But I only need to lose 17 to get to my pre-pregnancy weight.

What am I doing to get the pounds off you ask? Weight watchers (trying for the first time), running, and pilates. I am very pumped to start in on my new regime. Today I started with about 40 minutes of pilates, and then followed it with a nice 4 mile run (during which I encountered my first dog attack... ok, so it wasn't really that dramatic, as he had a metal muzzle on, but he would have bit me if he didn't have it on... he was running straight at me, and slammed the muzzle into my back. It was a little scary, but not too bad). It was my first run in a few weeks, so it was a good work out.

My goal is to have the weight off by May, so I will keep you posted with my feelings and progress.

To start off... like I said, I am new to weight watchers, so I am still learning how it works and all that. But after my first day, I have been surprised at how much the little things add up, like pretzels and olive oil. But I didn't do too bad, and only had to use 1.5 of my weekly allowance points, thanks to my activity points.

Until next time...

3 comments:

Josh and Michelle said...

Way to go Morgs. Im with you, Josh and I will be starting tommorrow. We are doing P90x. we will see how it goes. so my goal is 13 pounds. good luck!

Morgan said...

chelle, what is P90x? good luck!

Josh and Michelle said...

Oh, you have probably passed through the stupid infomercial on tv. I think if says something like get fit in 90 days. Anywho Josh bought it over a year ago. Its a set of like 20 or so workout dvds and you use them in different orders depending on what your goal is. They are pretty good, tough, long workouts. It has a whole eating program with it, but we arent using that, we bought that book at the church book store that talks about eating in line with the word of wisdom and are going of that instead. Im excited to get back into some sort of shape, cause it has been way to long since I have worked out consistently. I pretty much quit when I got preg and have only done anything here and there since then. probably the biggest thing is just sticking with something, so hopefully I can stick with it. I mean I know I can, so Im going to, really!