Saturday, January 10, 2009

Progress...

So things have been going well so far. Running has been great, and I am loving getting back into my training. I love when you get in the groove in the middle of a run, and it just feels so good. I have decided that I love running in cold weather. If there were never snow on the ground, it would be great all the time. My first week of weight watchers was great. I am now in Spokane for my brother in law's wedding, so I am not counting points for the next week and a half, but am trying to be wise in my food choices. I am doing ok with the sweets, although I have had some, but am not going crazy AT ALL like I would normally do, which I am proud of. There is so much snow and ice on the ground here, so running hasn't been possible. I have some pilates videos that I need to get out and do... I have so far just been revelling in vacation life, but I am thinking today. I feel kind of gross and lazy, like I need to be active. I am hoping to use my sister in laws gym pass to do some running, even though I seriously hate running on treadmills. Oh well.

Probably the best thing about my trip so far was stepping on the scale for the first time in a few months. I just assumed that I was at the same weight I was the last time I stepped on. But I was NOT... I was 5.5 lbs LESS. It was such great news to find out that I only have 11.5 lbs to lose to get to pre-pregnancy weight, instead of 17. I'm not sure if any of that was weight loss from last week, but I assume if it was, it was just a pound or two. So anyway... good news. Now I just have to make sure that I don't gain all that back from this week and a half with family.

Wish me luck with my exercise... it's always hard to tear myself away from everyone, especially when it is snowy.

2 comments:

Josh and Michelle said...

way to go morgs! I am no good at running, so I dont think I will ever feel the running groove that you talked about, but it sounds really nice. Thats terrific that your down 5.5! I am down 2, but I am having trouble thinking it is real since we really only did 3 days of excersize last week. We plan to do better this week. Anyways, nice job!

healthy ashley said...

Good for you for your progress with running, sweets and weight loss! Smaller numbers are much easier to work toward!