Saturday, July 11, 2009

Richmond, VA here we come!

Good morning to all of our dedicated readers... by which I mean you, Whitney! ;) Marathon training starts Monday, and so with that, I would like to lose the final 5 pounds to pre-pregnancy weight, and then another 5 for good measure {and because I wasn't in peak shape before I got pregnant last time}. I am not going to officially go back on weight watchers, but am going to keep it in mind when I choose my meals. Along with running, I will be doing some cross training of biking and swimming, which may change come September, but for now, that's what it will be. This last week I worked out everyday except Tuesday, and I have to say, I loved it! I love being active, especially when I get to be active in beautiful weather. For some reason, the summer weather here has been seriously delayed, for which I am truly grateful, as I really hate running in the heat. So wish me and my knee good luck as we start on this new training adventure. I'm excited!!

2 comments:

whitney said...

woohoo! i'm right there with you. good luck... especially with your knee. i hope and pray it holds out.

Morgan said...

**update** I ran about 5 miles today with no pain during or after in my knee!! i was really excited. i am hoping that this means i will be good to go as long as i always stretch, rest and ice when needed. next saturday i have a 4 mile race in central park, so that will be fun!!